In the previous lesson we looked at online payment solutions, so hopefully you’ve chosen at least one method for receiving payments.
Today we’re going to get into the nitty gritty details of exactly how to sell a downloadable product online and deliver it to your customer…
(Watch this video…)
Some online shopping cart solutions…
- PayPal shopping cart
- Infusionsoft – Integrated solution for marketers
- 1Shoppingcart – Another popular integrated solution.
- OScommerce – free open source solution
- Cubecart – (the older version is free)
- WordPress e-commerce plugin
- Thank them for the purchase, affirm their choice.
- Remind them of the charge on their credit card statement.
- Provide contact/support information.
- Educate them with instructions for downloading and using the product.
- Give the download link… big and bold.
- Advanced tip: Monetize your thank-you page with unadvertised bonuses (Not too many, 1 to 3 is usually ideal).
- Zip files are usually ideal.
- Try to keep zip files under 50MB each.
-Paypal hosted button
-Your own button
Split testing has shown it’s often best to use a payment button AND text link in your order area.
(See video for ClickBank demo)
1) Leave it unprotected but try to hide it. I often do this for products under $100, because it’s the quickest, and also results in less support requests.
2) Make a password protected area using your hosting control panel. Email the username and password to your customers. Fairly easy, but may delay the product fulfillment.
3) Use a membership site script. See lesson #32 for all the details.
4) Use a specialized download protection script. I recommend DLGuard
1) Make a thank-you page
2) Make a payment button and/or link
In the next lesson, we’ll talk about upsells and how to create a “one time offer”.
As always, you are welcome to post your questions and comments below.
Have a great day!