In the previous lesson, we talked about affiliate-driven traffic. Today we’re going to cover one of the most important aspects of affiliate driven traffic, which is recruiting your affiliates.
(Watch this video – it may take a couple minutes to load after clicking it…)
– An affiliate that makes a significantly higher proportion of sales, compared to “regular” affiliates.
– Super affiliates(the top 1%) often make 80%+ of the sales.
– Focus your efforts on recruiting super affiliates.
– Don’t use the subject line “JV request”
– Don’t send a generic email. (See video for example)
– Start with a personal comment.
– Make a relational connection.
– Keep it short and simple.
– Get right to the point.
– WIIFM = What’s in it for me?
– Be specific.
– Give an extra incentive.
– If you’re new, offer whatever it takes.
– How and when they’ll be paid.
– Social proof if you have any.
– Call to action.
(See video for example/template of email with all of these elements)
(See video for step-by-step)
(See video for in-depth explanations)
1) Recruit your own customers.
2) Recruit your competitors.
3) Recruit your competitors’ affiliates. (Super ninja strategies in video)
4) Use software tools to help. (such as Affiliate Elite)
5) Contact article marketers.
6) Contact video marketers.
7) Contact bloggers in your niche.
8] Contact PPC advertisers in your niche.
9) Find them on social media, especially LinkedIn.
10) Go to conferences, tradeshows, and seminars.
11) Submit to affiliate program directories.
12) Use a JV/affiliate announcement service.
13) Use forums.
– Contact page
– Social media profiles
– WHOIS data for the domain
– Advanced research tools, such as domaintools.com
1) Have a great product that converts well.
2) Have good affiliate tools.
3) Offer personalized/custom landing pages.
4) Offer recurring commissions, or lifetime commissions.
5) Offer bonuses for performance.
6) Have contests.
7) Create a second tier.
8] Sell various products.
9) Offer free training to new affiliates.
10) Use creative methods to get their attention. (Ninja methods revealed in video)
1) Make sure your affiliate tools are ready, and that you have an attractive affiliate program before you start recruiting super affiliates.
2) Choose one method of affiliate recruitment to start with, and go for it!
In the next lesson we’ll be looking at “Piggyback” Marketing.
As always, you are welcome to post your questions and comments below 🙂
Have a great day!