We’ve talked about some things that you need to have in order to start an online business, so now we’re going to talk about some things you need to know.
Like I said back in lesson 3, you DON’T need to be a computer expert to be an internet marketer, but you do need to have some basic skills…
(Watch this video…)
What you need to know…
1) Using your computer; turning it on, off, etc.
2) Mouse skills: Left click, right click, double click
3) Using Windows or whatever OS you have
4) Navigating your computer
5) Working with windows: Open, close, minimize, maximize, resize, move
6) Multitasking with multiple programs/windows open
7) Creating folders
8] Changing your folder “view”
9) Naming and renaming files
10) “Dragging and dropping”
11) Copying and moving files/folders
12) Zipping and unzipping files
13) Installing a software program
14) Opening a program
15) Copying and pasting text
16) Editing and saving files/documents
17) Save vs. Save As
18) Using a web browser to navigate the internet
19) “Googling” and other online research
20) Sending and receiving email
21) Opening a PDF file with Adobe reader
22) Using productivity software such as Word and Excel, or OpenOffice
1) Go through this list of skills, and if you don’t know how to do something, learn it.
If you’re truly a self-taught learner, then you can learn it all here on the internet for free, as long as you know how to click on a link and navigate some sites that I’ve provided below:
(UPDATE: Some of the links I mentioned in the video are no longer valid, but these ones should work…)
Alright, so now we’ve covered most of the basics… but when it comes to online business, there’s an entire vocabulary that you’ll need to be familiar with. I’ll cover those online business terms in the next lesson.
As always, you are welcome to post your questions and comments below.
Have a great day!Tweet