I hope you’ve been enjoying this lesson series, and I hope you’ve followed all the action steps so far, because today we’re getting into what I consider to be the “heart and soul” of internet marketing.
We’re talking about… list building!
(Watch this video…)
Yes it’s also in the relationship with the list, it’s in the quality of the list, and all the other stuff that some marketers say. And you don’t NEED a list to make money online (there are other business models)…
BUT, it is true that the money is in the list for the type of business that we’re building.
– Mobile phones/SMS
– Social media
– (New types of lists will evolve as new methods of communication sprout)
– ANY combination of the above
1) It’s an effective way to capture and manage leads online.
2) It creates web traffic on demand. (See video for explanation of priority of traffic vs. list)
3) It’s here to stay. (In spite of rumors!)
4) It has a low startup cost, and is very cost effective.
1) Buy it
2) Build it (recommended)
-Receiving your opt-ins from your website
-Sending broadcast emails
-Creating autoresponder sequences
-Managing email campaigns
-Handling subscription management
-Making sure your email gets delivered
– Hosted on your own site
– A specialized email host
Hosting your list on your own website is NOT recommended by me, for two reasons…
1) Spam compliance
– Constant Contact
My personal recommendation: Aweber Communications (who I’ve used since 2005)
UPDATE: AWeber DOES allow you to import lists now, and in some cases without confirmed opt-in. I have imported several lists that I personally built.
Additional resource to learn more about list building:
1) Memorize this phrase: “The money is in the list”.
2) Sign up for an email marketing service provider, such as AWeber.
In the next lesson we’re going to set up a list… step by step!
As always, you are welcome to post your questions and comments below.
Have a great day!Tweet