Back in lesson 7, we established that the type of online business model I’m going to be teaching is primarily an information publishing business.
In other words, you’re going to sell your own information product (also known as an infoproduct). But before we can create an infoproduct, we need to choose a topic for it.
(Watch this video…
NOTE: This niche selection process applies to virtually ANY type of online business– not just infoproducts!)
1) They think they’re going to be married to it (so they stress out and procrastinate making the choice)
2) They’re afraid it’s going to fail and not be profitable.
(both reasons are basically that they are afraid of choosing the wrong niche)
1) Something you know
2) Something you don’t know
1) Your enthusiasm will help sell it
2) It will be a better product
3) You can relate to your market
– How big is the niche?
– How competitive is the niche?
– How profitable is the niche?
1) Brainstorm some topics that you would be interested in turning into a product. Write them down.
Don’t worry about details of the niche market for it yet…we’ll be doing the research in the next lesson.
If you don’t already have some ideas in mind, and don’t know how to start brainstorming, here are some places to look for ideas (starting points)…
1) What’s hot on Ebay (updated each season)
2) Ebay Popular (dynamic popularity rankings)
3) Best sellers on Amazon (updated hourly)
4) Shopping.com Consumer Demand Index (updated every 2 weeks)
5) Most popular goals on 43things (updated daily)
6) Google hot trends (updated throughout the day)
Today I’m offering an ebook which explains how to have your own product online and making sales within 30 days.
If you’re interested in discovering all the details about the niche selection process, or in getting a jump start on the rest of the product creation process, this ebook is for you.
It is a brand new exclusive ebook created for Eric’s Tips.
“How to Have Your Own Information Product in 30 Days“.
(Resale Rights also available)
As always, you are welcome to post your questions and comments below. Feel free to let me know if you’ve got some topics in mind, or if you’ve already chosen a niche.
Have a great day!Tweet