(Part 2 in a series of 2)
In the previous lesson, we talked about how a blog can be integrated into your online business, and I covered several ways of monetizing your blog.
Today I’m going to be covering the most important aspect of blogging for your business…
(Watch this video…)
4) Influence, authority, and positioning
For most businesses, these are THE greatest assets that you can gain from your blog.
Rich Schefren: you need to become a maven in your market.
Frank Kern: you need to be a celebrity in your marketplace.
You want to position yourself and your products in the top of your prospects’ minds.
5) Selling your blog.
-Create a blog with… good content, loyal readership, steady traffic, decent Pagerank.
-Investors, entrepreneurs, and aspiring entrepreneurs buy websites…
-If your site is valued over $100k, consider a broker
-Do it yourself:
-Some marketers also “flip” blogs. (buy ugly ones and make them nice)
(see examples on video)
-John Chow vs. Shoemoney vs. Darren Rowse
– On the one hand, branding your blog with your own name, image, and personality can give you an edge over the competition. On the other hand, it can also make it harder to sell.
– If your priority is selling your blog, you need to take this into consideration, but for MOST people I would recommend going for a strong personal brand.
1) Decide what the primary objective of your blog is going to be.
2) Think about how you will monetize it.
3) Start blogging!
I’ve been teaching a lot about building your website. But what if you don’t want to build it yourself? The next lesson is for you!
As always, you are welcome to post your questions and comments below.
If you have a blog, this would be a great time to show it off! Feel free to tell us your blog’s primary objective, or you can let us guess 🙂
Have a great day!